Employment and Internships
Job Title: Senior Development Associate
Position Type: Full-time
I. General Summary:
The Senior Development Associate is responsible for supporting fundraising operations for NVLSP, reporting to the Director of Development. We’re seeking an entrepreneurial, self-directed team player committed to NVLSP’s mission. The Senior Development Associate will support all administrative operations and help execute the annual development plan in conjunction with the Director of Development. The Senior Development Associate will also provide administrative support for the fundraising initiatives, including appeals, annual fundraising events, grants and donor stewardship; and maintain database, manage preparations for events and donor meetings and generate reports for Development Committee team and Board.
• Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
• Maintain donation and acknowledgement letter notebooks.
• Continually update and correct database records.
• Help conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors.
• Coordinate productions and mailing of fundraising appeal letters.
• Handle all administrative details associated with Development Committee (i.e. prepare and distribute agendas, minutes, etc.).
• Proof/edit all correspondence, letters, proposals etc. as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
III. Public Relations:
• Produce and edit the NVLSP online newsletter with the Director of Development.
• Assist in editing brochures, annual reports, etc. as needed.
• Assist in editing and distributing letters of intent and grant proposals as assigned by the Director of Development.
V. Special Events:
• Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
• Provide support to committees and volunteers as needed for special events or other development activities.
• Oversee the recruitment and coordination of all event volunteers.
• Works with the Director of Development, Board of Directors and staff to assist in all special events as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum three years of successful fundraising or non-profit experience, including special events logistics, creation of proposals, solicitation of in-kind donations and volunteer coordination.
• Exemplary written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and time-management skills.
• Strong database experience using Excel. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office software including Word and Outlook.
• Experience with the use of social media for marketing or fundraising campaigns.
• Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or higher level proficiency with Microsoft Office (EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Word) and experience working with electronic donor tracking systems/databases like DonorPerfect or similar.
• Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
• Medical, dental, vision and retirement plan benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, with references and salary history by April 30, 2016 to the following email address: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Please write your Last Name and “Senior Development Associate” in the subject heading.