Veterans Benefits Advocacy DVD Set, 3rd Edition
- DVD / Bundle
- National Veterans Legal Services Program (NVLSP) (ISBN: 9781522112815)
Filmed in high-quality digital format, Veterans Benefits Advocacy, Third Edition provides an introduction to, and comprehensive training on, this complex new area of the law. Presented by four of the country’s premier veterans benefits attorneys, NVLSP’s co-directors Ronald B. Abrams and Barton F. Stichman, along with NVLSP’s Director of Training and Publications Richard V. Spataro and Director of Litigation Amy F. Odom, this 4-hour DVD offers legal, administrative, and practical guidance on how attorneys can consider expanding their practice to represent veterans before the VA and why they should. It also covers the criteria for entitlement to VA disability benefits and the governing rules of practice and procedure. Packed with insight, analysis, and battle-tested advocacy tips from practitioners on the frontlines of veterans benefits law, this DVD set is a perfect training tool for attorneys looking to expand their ractice while helping veterans obtain the benefits they deserve.
Topics and highlights include:
• The Entitlement Criteria for Service-Connected Disability Compensation
• Establishing an Appropriate Percentage of Disability Once SC is Granted
• VA Claims Adjudication Process – VA Rules of Practice and Procedure
• Methods for Obtaining Benefits After a Final VA Denial
• Obtaining an Interpreting the Documents in a VA Claims File
• Judicial Review of a Final BVA Denial of Benefits
• Rule Regarding Attorney Representation, Fees, and Expenses
• General Advocacy Tips for Attorneys Practicing Before the VA
An included 300-page text is a written guideline to the DVD set that includes important supplementary materials such as:
• A Glossary of Common Definitions and Abbreviations
• Sample Diagnostic Codes
• Rate Charts for VA Compensation and Pension
• Sample Documents from a VA Claims File and other Materials
Packed with insight, analysis, and battle-tested advocacy tips from practitioners on the frontlines of veterans benefits law, Veterans Benefits Advocacy, Third Edition is the perfect training tool for attorneys interested in expanding their practice to help veterans obtain the crucial benefits they have earned and deserve.
Veterans Benefits Advocacy, Third Edition has been accepted by VA for CLE purposes (for purposes of obtaining and maintaining VA accreditation under 38 CFR § 14.629.).