January 27, 2021
Job Title: Information Technology Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
The National Veterans Legal Services Program (NVLSP) is a high-impact national veterans service organization based in Washington DC. Established in 1981, NVLSP’s mission is to ensure that the government delivers to our nation’s 22 million veterans and active duty personnel the benefits to which they are entitled due to the disabilities that resulted from their military service. To this end, NVLSP and its attorneys provide free legal representation to veterans and surviving family members before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) and other federal courts, the Board of Veterans' Appeals, and VA regional offices. NVLSP often serves as amicus or lead counsel in impact litigation throughout the United States. NVLSP’s impact litigation alone has resulted in payment of more than $5.2 billion in benefits to more than 100,000 veterans and their survivors. In addition, NVLSP trains hundreds of other lawyer and non-lawyer advocates in veterans/military law and publishes advocacy materials to assist these advocates in their representation of veterans, service members, and their families. NVLSP wrote the book on veterans law, The Veterans Benefits Manual, the nation's first veterans law treatise.
NVLSP is seeking an experienced Information Technology (IT) Manager responsible for internal IT customer service for management and staff as well as serving as the company’s IT point of contact and project manager on matters that need to be outsourced to vendors. This is a CIO level position in terms of scope and represents an incredible opportunity to bring value while learning and growing your skills.
Primary responsibilities include: ensuring accountability and proper operation of all hardware and software; managing and monitoring software deployments, windows patching and antivirus posture; creating policies for security and user interface; providing timely and effective technical support to NVLSP staff by troubleshooting and providing internal solutions or outsourcing complex matters to vendors as needed while supervising as project manager; managing relationships with vendors; supervise VOIP services by setting up conference phones, extensions and direct phone lines and executing special projects as directed by the Deputy Executive Director.
The successful candidate will have exceptional organization and communication skills, demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadline-driven tasks while maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor. The ideal candidate takes job attendance seriously and understands that adherence to deadlines is of the utmost importance and cannot be compromised. This is an essential business position and requires employee presence in our office.
• Minimum of a B.S. degree in IT or a related field.
• Strong organizational, problem solving, and communication skills.
• Experience with managing and administering IT infrastructure – network, servers, desktops and software
• Experience with IT troubleshooting and ticketing systems.
• Ability to prioritize and execute multiple initiatives and projects in time and on budget
• Ability to establish strong partnerships with vendors to implement and maintain cloud based solutions
• 8 years or more of providing IT support including Windows network administration.
• Security+ Certification.
• Network+ Certification.
• Adaptable with a constantly learning mindset
• Must be able to speak clearly and concisely with callers, visitors and vendors in person and on the phone.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Additional Desirable Qualifications/Skills:
• Knowledge of Java & SQL programming
• Familiarity with Salesforce (customizing, troubleshooting)
• Ability to troubleshoot minor issues with scanners and copiers.
• Knowledge of Wordpress and website management.
• Familiarity with Avaya telephone phone systems.
• Ability to enhance the virtual work environment with new policies and technology.
Opening/Closing Date: Available immediately; closes when filled.
Salary: $105,000 to $115,000 annually depending on experience.
Applications: A cover letter, resume and list of three references should be submitted to the Deputy Executive Director Paul Wright at email@example.com.
All applications will be reviewed in confidence. NVLSP is an equal opportunity employer.